/>

Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

"Rescue"



You are in the middle of the road;
There you sit in the darkness;
I have to come and save you from yourself;
I am old,you are fragile;
I will take you to your sister;
She will thank me and give me a kiss;
I will be sent away promptly;
Resting in the knowledge;
You are no longer in the middle of the road;
I almost forgot to ask you;
How will you repay me for what I have done;
Oh you ask me now what is it I want;
Two things then since you ask;
I would like to see you smile each day;
Look at the moon each night at midnight;
I will do so also,then write me a poem about it;
See? I have asked for more than you can give;
Yes I know I asked for three things;
But what does it matter;
You have no intention of filling my order;
Still I will come to rescue you many times more;
When I look at the moon each midnight;
I will smile for you and write the poem;
Maybe someday you will read them aloud;
It is doubtful that I will ever see your smile though;
Even my poems cannot reach your heart;


~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: