/>

Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Adorned"


Jeweled feet of henna
You beguile me greatly
In your pose of nonchalance
Your casual display of toes
Painstakingly done in perfection
So that I may enjoy their beauty
It is the revelation of your heart
That you wish to surrender to me
Hidden in them is the voice of the bird
Which sings to the secret parts
Of my ears that hear within
I know your heart and sense its beat
Like a cool breath that reaches me
Then by that time it is percieved as warmth
Which brings relief to my chilled soul
You tread softly
So ever softly do you tread upon our dreams
With great care you tend to the needs
Like water upon the soil for the roots
For the tree that we gather under
The protection by its branches
As we slumber within the bough
Mystical rains fall asunder
It is all of this I see in your feet of henna
That you have prepared for me

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: