/>

Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

"Eternal Friendship"


My friend awaits she knows my approach
I visit her twice a year without fail
No longer used as a harness bull
No longer able to valiantly pull
Her roving eye meets mine
Like a mother who examines her son
Each time I go might be my last
For her long life is just about done
We have known the way of the canvas
Together we have wrestled against the ropes
She sensed when it opened my brow
When It captured my inner most hopes
Stinging salt that festered my wound
I licked the blood mingled with the sweat
She looked on and knew my heart
For this I have no regret
Many times she has looked over me
Watching as I slept in peace
Now I look over her as she once did
Until her soul shall see release
There is no distance between us
The connection will always be
Even in death it will still remain
Between my old friend and me

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: