/>

Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Birth of my Sister"



When my sister was born
I used to watch her
Sleeping alone in her crib
The mobile danced about in the sunlight
Packed away in the attic
I still have her baby bib
It has a yellow chicken embroidered
That runs towards a house and the sun
I've often wondered why I have kept it
Since her life had begun
My mother let me feel her kicking
Deep in her belly she stirred
It was an emotional shock to me
I imagined her as the Thunderbird
To know that a life was thriving inside
Many nights I laid awake in thought
A work had been done to bring this forth
A miracle that had been wrought
In the later times I looked at her feet
Remembering the way she had kicked
To the effect it had worked something in me
My heart had been slightly pricked
Thereafter was this odd connection
The memory of something that came
From the belly of my long gone mother
The connection to which I must claim

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: