/>

Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Accordion Man"


The notes flow into the street
Coming from my heart
Some throw me a nickel or two
Others listen with interest
Thirty seven years of playing
Putting myself forward on the streets
Down in New Orleans
The people,the city and all the voices
I love them all just the same
On the sun baked steets from which I grew
Tap dancing still happens
But not enough for my tastes
Familiar faces of those I have watched
Grow from children
Now they scoff at me
I am a reminder of what is in their future
Old age is a natural occurence
But some fear it
Little do they know
In my heart I am as I was in youth
Soon my way will be to the longhome
Some call it the dirt nap
My preference is to keep to the street
Until these legs of mine will no longer go
Up to that time my companion is with me
Kicking out the jams on the street
My old cat waits for me at home
Tonight as every night
We shall slumber together
And greet the morning together
With smiles upon our faces

~Moses~
© 2009 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: