/>

Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Glass Cage"


He waits for me at the end of the hall
Each day we meet on my way to work
Past the hall where he hangs from his limb
I don't mean to stare or lurk
Down in the basement immersed in clay tablets
Translating ancient cuneiform
Although Akkadians are my main focus
Thoughts are far from the norm
Wandering off at times to my friend
Encased in his cage of glass
Wondering what his life was like
Until I reach an impasse
Imagination persists through the day
My thoughts go home with me at night
His life must have been a lonely one
With nobody to acknowledge his plight
How he must have longed for the place
In the far off jungle land
Free to roam the trees
To see the open skies
Beyond all he could understand
Perhaps he found peace in knowing
One day he would finally be free
In a place where nothing could prevent him
From sitting aloft his own tree

~Moses~
© 2009 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: