/>

Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

"Eternal Grace"




The lady of the sea
Her face haunts me so
String of pearls entwined
About her graceful neck
She emerges from the water
The glance from her eyes
No words need be spoken
Revival of a soul that dies
Crashing waves cannot contain
Thrashings unto the sand
Its miniscule grains escape punishment
Within the clasping hands
A decade goes by
She utters not a word
Her movements are as the graceful bird
There is still that look within her eyes
They speak a million words
Under a blanket of clouded skies
In this twilight of brief joy
In her is the distant star
That grants me no wish
Upon my heart I reliquish all my pain
For a moments peace in sleep
Upon her lap
If I were her child within my dream
I would not stray far
When my floatation upon the sea
Draweth me out beyond the sandbar
She would gently bring me back
To safety upon those shores
With her reassuring eye upon me
My drawing breath until the last
Knowing my future was not past
There she would be in my awakening
With her hauntings to keep me intrigued
She is the lady of the sea
With her pearls wrapped around me
Keeping me safe forevermore

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: