/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

"Lost Love"


I am drowning;
Memories evade me at times;
The horseman is headless;
He never came out of the shade;
Although I chase him frequently;
Relentless are my efforts;
My words seem to fall upon deaf ears;
I should have given up long ago;
Still there is hope where no hope survives;
I shall remember it all the days of my life;
Cleansing myself in the cool waters;
Remembering it for my own sake;
Yet I am drowning in that which I also love;
The song I sing has sour notes;
But it is still a song of lost love;
A love that caused my heart to cry;
In a place where nobody could hear me;
The bird remains in my hand;
Yet it will not give flight upon its own wings;
Rather it would stay with me;
It's feathers stained by my stream of tears;

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: