/>

Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Arrival"


All the while riding the train
Through the window in the rain
Thoughts of coming home to stay
Big city life just got too big
Never a moment of peace or silence
Sirens blaring
People staring
Not much to it except for the stench
An occasional rodent
It's the safest form of entertainment
Blank stares surround everyone
Never knowing what's intended
The train trudged onwards towards home
My mind continued to roam
Of childhood days down by the lake
When you scared me with that snake
Riding our bikes down the trail
Our friendship was never doomed to fail
Well I am home now and you are here
At the depot where the train rests
Far away from the booming city
It is a city without pity
I am in your arms with no regrets

~Moses~
© 2009 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

REG said...

Moses,
I think you have enough poetry for a book.