/>

Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Young at Heart"


Some people think I'm too old to have fun
That I shouldn't be laughing out loud
They think I should keep to myself
Like it's some sort of a sin to be proud
I feel no different than when I was young
My feelings towards life are the same
Admittedly there are a few handicaps
But none that have brought me defame
It takes me a bit to get going in the morn
My requirements for sleep are now much less
I'm not outmoded by any means except morally
Of this I must acquiesce
Each day of awakening is a day of thanks
Another chance to live my life
Until it ends I intend to dance
To the tune of the drum and the fife

~Moses~
© 2009 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

REG said...

This poem could be my manifesto.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

unusual swing, never seen one like that.

I think inside everyone, some times we are young sometimes.