/>

Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Nightly Slumber"


On such nights in deepest slumber
In corridors of halls that haunt my dreams
Such nightmares manifest themselves
Like gargoyles that clatter up the walls
Chasing after all that gleams
In the shadows hiding are my fears
Keeping back those cold hard tears
In the distance the howling wolf
Who has the scent of blood
Upon his driven spirit
He seeks me out under the moon
Creeping through the silent streets
Laying quiet in the ruins
Might he hear the sound
Of my heart which beats
Deserted places within my mind
Hiding in darkness-hoping to find
That which was lost in days gone by
When I was proud and could not cry
The sound of his breath is upon me
Escape is always near
Past those dark and endless corridors
Far away from what I fear

~Moses~
© 2009 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: