/>

Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"The Last Mile"


Just one more mile for me to go
I'm so tired I just want to rest
Sure wish someone would come by
To help me get abreast
There is a camp just over the hill
Where they have what I need
I'll just rest here for awhile
I sure hope I succeed
To have a fate like many others
Who lost their mothers
My village is gone-all are sleeping
In the ground that is keeping
No more smiles from my brothers
No more laughter from my sisters
No more singing from my mother
My father died long ago
Nobody else that I know
To help me in my journey
I must do this on my own
I have not eaten in many days
I will just rest here and sleep awhile
And dream of railways
That will carry me to lands
Where plentiful things abound
I want to laugh and play again
And escape this cursed ground
It is lonely-I am scared
But I will sleep awhile
When the sun goes down a bit
I'll finish this my crooked mile
~
Sleep keeps me from feeling the hunger pangs;

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved






No comments: