/>

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

"Life's Work"


Have I done things right
Have I done things well
I have watched them grow up
I was there when they fell
When they thought I was not
I was really looking
Admiring their paces
Observing their faces
When they took their first steps
When I heard their first cry
When I gave thanks to that above
I vowed to personify
In my words of encouragement
To imbibe in their hearts
Character and Principle
Like fiery darts
To burn those things into their mind
As would such a member of mankind
Will they be able to fly on their own
I have done my best in all my work
I can only pray they will not stray
That they will not allow to lurk
Thoughts of glory or personal gain
Rather to give than to take
And to refrain
From all actions that will subtract from who they are
May my words go with them both near and far
They are my children-my everything
It is in their lives that I will sing

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: