/>

Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

"Ode To The Black Flower"




It's light shines bright
The welcome in its omnipresence
Hail to all who enter the gate
It is the place where the exsistence of hate
Was given birth to the foolish mirth
Of a handful of men who rose above all
It was known to all as
The Black Flower of Brzezinka
Atop its tower as it hailed the trains
All who enter where nothing remains
Piles of eyeglasses
Piles of shoes
All who enter must pay their dues
Poles and Jews,Gypsy and Czech
Zyklon B awaits your arrival
Shaven heads-pulled gold teeth
No need for a bed or concern for survival
Arbeit Macht Frei
What a joke
Soon your corpses will go up in smoke
Once your eyes have seen the Black Flower
From up on top of its place on the tower
It will be the first and only time
You will see its thorny edges pierce your eyes
I die clutching someone's child
I die an honorable death
I die in your shower room tomb
I will haunt you until your last breath
Destruction of the body does not destroy
What I am and what I represent
Destroy the evidence as much as you can
Your vain attempts to circumvent
The yellow star is ingrained into my flesh
Your Black Flower with its spiny thorns
I shall hold it to my heart dearly
As I depart and evade your pain

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: