/>

Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Baton Rouge Behind Me"


A song in my heart as the radio plays
On the bridge named Huey P.Long
Leaving Baton Rouge behind
With my song in my heart on my mind
When the cock crowed once this morn
The sun barely able to see
I heard that click in my ears
It was the sound of the gears
Putting things into motion
In preparation of grinding
Together they will turn
And cause my flesh to burn
Until I walk the street
Where like minded souls shall meet
In the exchange of words
Where none need to be spoken
I see many people who have been broken
The corpses of their minds lay about
In the retreats of those alley ways
Where many have spent their final days
But I look to light that enters in spite
Of that which dies before my eyes
It is survival of the fitest
In this street of fleeting fears
I turn my head in another direction
To avoid those who bring me tears

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: