/>

Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Bestowed Desire"



Death's peace no longer evades me
Men shall look upon me for the last time
Before my decay repels them
I was last touched before my lovers demise
Desire no longer within me
A blackened sun offered no solace to me
Cold Ivy in my garden crawled on my skin
Its vines choke my heart
Stealing my breath that I bestowed
Upon my lovers ear
This morning when I woke;
The song of the bird was cherished
For the last time it graced my ear
It's voice called out to me
A single tear formed in my eye
But there it remained
Unable to venture any further on its own
Those things that are within me
Unable to go forth any longer
My last sight as it faded from me
Was the sweet light of the sun
It turned back to light
No longer blackened and able
It brings me solace and the ivy does not crawl
Once again I dream of my breath
Upon my lovers ear
As I kiss his locks of hair that are
Within my entwined fingers
Laying there silently watching him sleep

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: