/>

Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Shadows"




Shadows at play can only touch
Memories observed in the mind
Remaining long after their presence
Wherein they may hope to find
Similar shadows to make acquaintance
Brief encounters seem to imbue
Upon my bench I search for them
Blending in as I do
On my bench a squirrel visits me
Is he trying to get into my head
I think not his interests are simple
He wants a piece of my bread
Little does he know it is already his
His curiosity makes my heart leap
Momentarily his company is noted
Along with the shadows I will keep
Two lovers kiss on the hopscotch sidewalk
Small tornado like winds kick up
Leaves with debri around them
Spinning randomly as if to say
We are glad to see you here today
And what of the man who sits on the bench
He is entertaining an aging squirrel
Might we come closer a bit
To give them an extra twirl
Yet we are in attendance of these shadows
Here we will remain for our time
We are the narrators of gestures
In mocking shadows that mime

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: