/>

Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Silent Friends"


The corridors are quiet
Footsteps cease upon the carpet
The hare dons his gloves in silence
Preparing to take on the feline
As it observes the mad rabbit
Spectators have been milling around
In the museum all day
Now there are only the guards
Who momentarily interupt
See my shadow upon the wall
He states to his feline friend
The artist who carved out your image
Never thought of any of this
Let us shadow box in the moonlight
We shall get our exersize in spite of them
We will talk throughout the night
Staring at eachother by day
When we have disagreements
We shadow box
Even if we dont have disagreements
We shadow box
We wag our tails at eachother a bit
Then lay down and take a nap together
This makes it all worthwhile
Keeping the secrets we share

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Michele Cameron Drew said...

I adore this, Moses... I'll be adding you to my blogroll and I will be reading more. =D