/>

Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Muskegon"


Boyhood laughter upon the beach
Recapturing the times of my youth
The waves upon the shore
Sound as they did long ago
My brothers voice is heard in the distance
Across the unchanging dunes
Then I realize 50 years have passed
Before my very eyes
The lighthouse at the end of the pier
Still stands as it did before
Children filling their sandpails
Parents who watch and adore
Gulls passing silently by
On this timeless Michigan shore
The childrens laughter sounds familiar
From days of long ago
For a brief moment I forget
Then it is time to go
I cannot grasp that which fades
Ghosts that linger from the past
For only a moment to envision
Images that have quickly amassed
I am thankful for the days
Which became more to me than a dream

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: