/>

Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

"Mother's Daughter"


I've worked in fields all this day
These few potatoes are my pay
Now I'm willing to give you one
In exchange for a single rose
It's for my mother who waits at home
So if I might propose
She has not had a flower
As far as I recall
She often talks about her days
When she was very small
Her own mother never had
A single rose to touch
In deep regret to never get
A simple gift as such
I cannot go another day
Before I give my mother
A single rose for her to touch
Unlike my own grandmother
I will not have this deep regret
To let my mother know
How much she really means to me
For how I love her so
My only thought is for my mother
I need to see her smile for me
To know her heart is glad
For this I need to see

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: