/>

Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Ode To An Apple Thieving Pileated Woodpecker"



Harry the woodpecker
Is eating my apples
He lives in a tree out front
But he goes in the backyard
And eats my apples
Hoping to find a worm in his hunt
I think this is already Harry the fourth
But they all did just the same
All of them ate some of my apples
I think it's a woodpecker game
Maybe each one told the other
And gave up the secret of my trees
I dont care if they eat my apples
While they sit on the branches in the breeze
Every morning I hear them pecking
They look into my window on occasion
Harry has a girlfriend who eats my apples
Both of them complete the equation
Soon they will be feeding babies in my tree
Another Harry will come forth
He'll grow up and eat my apples
And tell his son of my trees henceforth

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: