/>

Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2007

"Saying Goodbye"


Last week I found out from my sister
That they had a torrid affair
If not for her telling me so
I would have been unaware
I kept my cool all week long
Until our weekly drive
In the country where we always go
Until we had arrived
When I confronted him about it all
He sat there and spun a tale
Now he gets a knuckle sandwich
And all that will entail
The walk to town will do him good
When he gets home I'll be gone
Let him live with my little sister
Back in Saskatchewan
As for me I'm off to Europe
To find a better existence
I'll walk in the rain without my shoes
And learn to keep my distance
From floundering fools who live on lies
Who thrive on breaking hearts
I'll find a friend who I can trust
Whose love will not depart

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: