/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"At the waters edge"


This is the end of the road at last
My ashes scattered into the sea
It is a place of forgetfulness
For I was the holder of the key
The seeds I planted were chosen words
eyes upon eyes did read
Seeds of love and of evil and joy
Sadness and of happiness and of greed
It had taken root and begun to grow
Others may take up the torch in my stead
A frail string that holds up the world
A slender invisible thread
The fine line of reason
A plumb that makes balance
My ashes rest upon a bed
Curtained in the very valance
As though I were cloth with a woven string
Sewn together with great care
I declare-do not despair
What lies ahead is beyond the fog
On another plateau in the plane
To utter words where there are no ears
To write them down where there are no eyes
Is an excersize in total vain

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: