/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Homeward Bound"


This is the path that leads to home
I know the way wherever I roam
It is a clear picture in my mind
Up this path is how I will find
Everything just as it was
Trees giving forth their fruit
Flowers blooming-birds in song booming
Insects being trailed in hot pursuit
Though crickets may chirp in the darkness
Fresh cut winter wheat is still in the fields
There is the smell of rich fertile soil
Giving up what is sowed when it yields
Each summer seems to go by swiftly
There seems yet not enough time in the breeze
Watching seasons with a slanted view
In varying amounts of degrees
The cleared fields reveal fawn and doe
Trampling the stalks of corn
Soon will come the blanket of snow
All in crystals sparkling of that which is borne
In the pristine whiteness that covers the soil
In anticipation of the spring to come
I will soon travel the path to my home
For that is the total sum

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: