/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Constant Shadow"





Are you so sure you have to follow me
Sometimes my solitude calls out
Every time I look back you are there
Lingering in the background
You are my constant shadow
That follows me on my walks
Even when there is a window between us
Your presence has been constant
Since my childhood we have lived
In the same margins of time
~
You fill the sky and shelter me
I suppose you have earned a place
Not only in my heart
Fondness has set in deeply
Although no words have ever been
The closeness has filled the gap
Of my exsistence
You would not even leave me when I was called
To the great battles being fought
When my mother had to stay on the porch
You followed me to distant lands
~
When I came home you followed me
Here you are once again and have stayed
In my olden age you still regard me
As your companion who resides;
Within my heart;

~Moses~

© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: