/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Pudgy the Cat"





Pudgy Perkins was my special friend
He came from a broken home
The ugliest cat I ever did see
In dire need of a comb
His broken face and busted nose
His heart of purest gold
I came to love Pudgy Perkins
The cat that came in from the cold
~
He used to stay in the next town over
Until I stole him from his home
His owner used to beat him senseless
Where Pudgy used to roam
Until he arrived at my place he never knew the joy
Or how it felt to love or be loved
Or to be given a place or a toy
He sat upon the kitchen table
As though at heaven's gate
Never dreaming of an exsistence
With food upon a plate
To sit near a flame that gave out heat
Or to have a place on the bed
Where he could rest and find love
And rest his crooked head
In spite of his many wounds
And the treatment he recieved in the past
He knew he had finally found a place
Where love would always last

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: