/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Harpoons"




I am Leviathan of the many leagues
Deep in the oceans of seas
Mighty waves and silent graves
Of those things many a sailor leaves
Cry not for me oh gulls who are like
Remora who have clung to my side
Denizens of the deep who await
My heart pounds out its last
There is a strange music in my ear
The mighty harpoon of tinkling brass
It has found its target upon me
In a great heap upon my silent soul
In giving up into the groping
Waves that will take my final roll
I have felt the sun
Upon my wrinkled brow
A ships mast breaches
Its steady bough
Full sails work against me with the wind
Twisting hemp in binding squeals
This is my day as I came in
So shall I go out
With good men who are in this sea
With me this day in their final shout
I give my farewells to the plankton
Cutting winds and water upon my skin
Life pours from the gap in my wound
The brine and foam make form for my deliverance
I turn my final breath towards the depths of below

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: