/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Ebony"


Her name is Ebony
She's my favorite
I like the way she plays
She waits for me to come home
And never ceases to amaze
The things she does
Are pretty funny
She's one of my close friends
When I call her she comes scampering
And often she intends
To remain outside of her little cage
To snooze upon my quilted bed
Until I pick her up gently
And place her on my head
She jumps right off into her cage
Then looks around a bit
Then its off to bed she goes
Until I will permit
Her next time out when she will play
And run around the room
But first she must get her treat
She lifts me from my gloom
For all the ways a little thing
Can bring me such a smile
Ebony my rodent friend
Has made my life worthwhile

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: