/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Echoes"


Clicking shoe heels
Upon the cobblestones
Little does the time of day matter
Echoes upon these silent walls
A jumble of senseless clatter
Streams of sunlight-my stomach flutters
She waits for me to quench my fear
Her sweet voice will soon be upon me
Pressing to my ear
Leaping heart deep inside
In this secret I abide
She can not know of it yet
Yea-still though there is no regret
She sees the nakedness of my mind
For I have let her see
Yet there are no words beyond
A certain point where I must flee
Where no one has yet followed
This bramble bush path from whence
My heart shall burn 'til I return
From thickets that are so dense
In places where no other has been
My silence place in retreat
Asleep upon her sweet bosom
Forgetting a past of the bittersweet

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: