/>

Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2007

"Daily Walk"


Looming smokestacks overlook
My father works in this place
Soon he will be able to go home
Together we will walk a brisk pace
The five mile distance to home
Where his dinner awaits
Mother sits by the table in the kitchen
Having already set the plates
Maybe we'll sit on the porch for a bit
If father is not too tired
Listening to the music on the radio
In this simple life he's desired
I always help mother clear off the table
She never has much to say
It is peaceful in this house of mine
Grateful for each single day
When school is over I work the fields
But I never fail to meet father
We walk the miles together each day
And it is never a bother
I lay in my bed late at night
Wondering of what will be
When I will work and have a home
If I will have a child to wait
Who will walk the miles with me

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: