/>

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"1952"



My hope and dreams or so it seems
As were carried in upon the sunlight
Such as in the kind that comes in through
The venetian blind
Penetrating a place on its own whim
Answering not to forces
In likeness to sounds of hooves
By the relentless horses
Caught up in a subtle tempo
The rate of movement
As it gained and lost time
In its own effectiveness
A rhythmic pattern of work
The child that was felt growing in my belly
Even the clanging of the radiator
Could not blot out its presence
I mulled over in my process to reason
A consequence that bears itself out
In this child of creation not yet born
Yet in patient waiting
It will come as no surprise
The event which hath already occurred
In this slight distraction
Within my own attraction
He slumbers in my bed
Falling upon my neck and ears
Outshining any sunlight that enters
In this room which has no fears
These moments of time
Kept secretly within my own heart

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: