/>

Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Passing On The Secrets"


Harry the second talks to his son
Harry the third listens intently
He is telling him about my trees
Talking to him very gently in the breeze
He tells him about the apples
Once he can fly he will show him
How it feels to eat an apple
And sit upon the limb
The apples are good-the apples are mine
Once I leave this world they will be yours
Make sure you keep the secret within the family
Stay out of the rain when it pours
You can eat an apple whenever you want
Make sure you leave a few
Once in a while this man comes out
And picks them in the morning dew
I don't care if he eats my apples
There's plenty to go around
I still sit on the branches and eat
But not the apples on the ground
The man in the house can eat
All the apples that are on the grass
I'm a special kind of fellow
I'm an apple thieving woodpecker
Who's got some class


~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: