/>

Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Endless Days"


This is how we spend our days
With falling leaves of rusted colours
Under the muddy white clouds
Near the sounds of falling water
Surely there is no need to expire
With plenty of clover to fill our need
Quiet days upon the grass
Yet there is an ache in my bones
I do not get up as quickly as before
My appetite is not as great
The inclination to rest is always with me
So I take long naps by the waterfall
Sleeping to the sound of rushing water
Off in the distance are the mountains
As evening comes upon us
We sit there by the waters edges
For some reason the motion
Seems to bring me peace
Soon we will slumber for the night
Only to awaken to yet another day
Under the muddy white clouds

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: