/>

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

"Past Lives of the Many"


My shattered panes have seen
The lives of many who passed
Workers who left sweat upon my floors
Who laughed and talked of dreams
Within these silent walls
In these shafts of light that permeate
Shallow corners of gathered dust
Broken plaster that defies the sun
Where is the noise that once had life
Within these silent walls
Echoes that carried laughter
Unfolding lives of people
Who gave their days in labor
So that I might live to feed them
With hope upon their souls
To realize untold dreams
Their hearts which flee from me
I am still standing here
Yet they no longer glance at my frame
Remembering not what occured
Within these silent walls
They have forgotten about such things
Migrating towards other forms of light
Decades shall pass until there are no more
Who exsisted within this place
All will remain standing in form
Within these silent walls

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: