/>

Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Gatherings in the Storm"



Great lightnings which once clambered
From rooftop to rooftop
Now gather in the ocean within
The motion-upon such waves
Under the gaze of Orion
Even unto Pleiades
The seven daughters of Atlas
Peer upon the waters
In the twinklings of other stars
Which pull upon me
As stringed instruments
Of a lyre which plays
Like reins attached to my heart
Gently tugging at me with their power
Andromeda which once remained a mystery
No longer evades me
Upon the lulling of the ocean
In the midst of stinging salt
My nostrils are filled with its odours
I have known love
Such as in this great gathering
Not only upon the oceans
Also unto the island beyond
Which conceals my heart
It knows me as I lay upon the beach
With a shell upon my ear
Closely listening to the waves
Far away the inner sounds carry me
Unto places I would not go myself
Places where angels might fear to tread
It surrounds me within
The mighty gathering
Yet I know I am safe
For I am like the hart that desires
As it sits by the side of the brook
It listens intently to the babbling
Far away it carries the hart
Until it has reached the island
In the gathering upon the sea

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: