/>

Pages

Friday, May 4, 2007

"Pierre"



It was a hard snow that came down
During my time at work
Trudging through the snow I already know
Pierre anxiously waits for me
Others pass him by and give him the eye
He has no care of their stare
The path home is covered in snow
He scans the entranceways
Propped up in diligence
Once again inside he will sleep
By the fireplace
Crackling logs will lull him
Upon the couch at my feet
The whistling kettle
Rising steam
It will be a good night
With the cold winter outside
We will stay warm together
Sleeping late into the next day
Listening to the fire
By this time he will have climbed
Onto the pillow above my head
I am sleeping on his couch
But he is not selfish
Pierre allows me to slumber
Until I rise once again

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: