/>

Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"The Stranger"




I walk amongst the lands
My shadow follows and abides
Long ago I lost my mother
In this heart she resides
Slowly walking towards the grove
Dry grass licking at my shoes
A setting sun that barely shimmers
Many graves have I dug
To pay my daily dues
A patch of light invades this space
Evading points of no return
It offends my eye at times
In spite of what I learn
Sweetness overcomes the bitter
Bitter overcomes the sweet
Darkness is welcomed in these times
In haste I do retreat
To the silence in the boughs of trees
Far away from plunder
The sky blankets me from harm
In my sleep I wonder
Where sky and land and water meet
There I will be found
My shadow lingering behind me
What is left of me is homeward bound

~Moses~
© 2007 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: