/>

Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2007

"Life passes by my window"





From this window life has gone by
In the generations of time
I have watched babies become men
Who have gone to war never to return
From the days of horses and carriages
Until there were no more
The banging of carts in the market place
The sweet smell of fruit that wafted up
To my window sills where I smelled
The many odors of the street
And saw lives lived below upon the concrete
Crying children-laughing women
Men who sat on porches
Tapped into hydrants on hot summer days
The occasional sound of the sirens
Policemen who walk their beat on the street
All those who wave to me from below
I am Rapunzel who refuses
To let down her golden hair
Rather I am the lady of fair
Who has grown old with age
But I am still young in my heart
And I dont miss a beat
Of what happens in the street
Sitting here day by day
Until comes a time when I shall wake no more

~Moses~
© 2006 Moses Lestz - All Rights Reserved

No comments: